Job Title: Department Supervisor- Front Desk
Reports To: Administrator
Position Objective: Plan and coordinate the daily activities of the front office staff ensuring proper coverage. Maintain HIPAA, OSHA and Corporate compliance standards. Identify problems and recommend resolutions. Supervise, develop, implement and organize strategies, policies and practices of the department.
Position Requirements: High School Diploma or Degree in related field. Prior supervisory/management experience, 3 years+ in the healthcare industry. Leadership qualities with ability to work independently. EMR/EPM experience required (Next Gen a plus).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical/Mental Demands: High levels of mental concentration are required. Must handle multiple tasks simultaneously and subject to interruptions. Physical effort requires sitting, standing and walking and repetitive movements consisting of reaching with hands and arms. Manual and finger dexterity, visual acuity, and the ability to speak and hear are required.
Working Conditions: Room temperature varies, well lighted work area, and work closely with co-workers. Sometimes hectic, noisy or stressful with interruptions. Involves frequent telephone contact with patients.
First State Orthopaedics reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES
· Provide exceptional service to all of our patients.
· Exhibit professionalism and ethical behavior at all times.
· Maintain strict confidentiality of patient information and business within the organization’s policies.
· Maintain OSHA and HIPPA regulations.
· Treat everyone with respect, courtesy and friendliness.
· Adhere to all policies and procedures for our organization.
· Communicate recommendations on improvements of policies and procedures to management.
· Participate in committees, discussions and other team functions.
· Provide additional duties as may be assigned.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills or duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments). This document does no create an employment contract and employment is “at-will”.