You are applying for:
FSSC Surgery Scheduler
Reports To: Facility Administrator
Position Objective: Coordinate and post surgical procedures for First State Surgery
Position Requirements: High School Diploma. Must have two or more years of
experience in hospital or outpatient surgical scheduling. Excellent typing,
communication and computer skills.
- Respond to incoming calls from FSO schedulers to post procedures.
- Print and fax demographic sheets from FSO & FSSC systems
- Verify patient’s surgical procedure to ensure accuracy
- Collect and confirm all History and Physicals, Pre-op work and consents are
- Act as primary contact for surgical patients and respond to telephone inquires.
- Prepare surgical charts and verify records for completeness
- Copying of records: anesthesia questionnaires, reconciliation forms, pre-op info.
- Assist with patient check in as needed
- Provide daily surgery and procedure counts for the month
- Ability to interface with support departments and articulate issues and concerns.
- Interact with a variety of personalities and situations that require tact, judgment,
poise and professionalism.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Organizational responsibilities: promoting patient rights; sharing problems
relating to patients or staff with immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
Physical/Mental Demands: High levels of mental concentration are required. Must
handle multiple tasks simultaneously and subject to interruptions. Physical effort
requires sitting for long periods of time and repetitive movements consisting of
reaching with hands and arms. Manual dexterity, visual acuity, and the ability to
speak and hear are required.
FSSC reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES
- Provide exceptional service to all of our patients.
- Exhibit professionalism and ethical behavior at all times.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of patient information and business within the
- Maintain OSHA and HIPAA regulations.
- Treat everyone with respect, courtesy and friendliness.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures for our organization.
- Communicate recommendations on improvements of policies and procedures
- Participate in committees, discussions and other team functions.
- Provide additional duties as may be assigned.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The above statements
are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills or duties,
requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is
intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right
to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when
circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs,
or technological developments). This document does no create an employment
contract and employment is “at-will”.