You are applying for:
First State Surgery Center is seeking F/T, P/T and Casual/Per Diem experienced Operating Room Nurses for Ambulatory Surgery Center. Minimum of 2 years recent operating room experience with Orthopaedic experience strongly preferred.
The primary function of the Operating Room Nurse is that of professional caregiver who provides patient care and assumes responsibility and accountability through the nursing process, for the ambulatory care patient during surgical procedures. Elements of care include assessing patients, assisting co-workers in administering care and documentation.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Current licensure as an RN in the State of Delaware or Compact State
- Current BCLS Certification, ACLS Preferred
- Experience functioning as Circulating RN, scrub experience not required
- Ability to manage the care of patient during altered states of consciousness and to perform physically demanding patient care
- Provide nursing care as directed and in accordance with the objectives, policies, procedures and protocols of the surgery center
- Ability to work well under pressure, respond appropriately and quickly to emergency situations, work with speed and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, their families, physicians/surgeons, surgical staff and other health care workers
- Skills include clinical reasoning and decision making, compassion in a therapeutic environment, superior communication skills, appreciation of patient diversity and the ability to maintain patient confidentiality