You are applying for:
Reports To: FSSC Director
Position Objective: The primary function of the Operating Room / Pre-Op/PACU Nurse is that of professional caregiver who provides patient care and assumes responsibility and accountability through the nursing process for the ambulatory care patient during their outpatient surgical procedures. Elements of care include assessing patients, assisting co-workers in administering care and documentation.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing;
- Current licensure as an RN in the State of Delaware or Compact State;
- Current BCLS Certification, ACLS & PALS Certification;
- Minimum 2 years nursing experience, Pre-Op/PACU experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, their families, physicians/surgeons, surgical staff, and other health care workers.
- Provide nursing care as directed and in accordance with the objectives, policies, procedures, and protocols of the surgery center.
- Ability to manage the care of patients during altered states of consciousness and to perform physically demanding patient care.
- Demonstrate appropriate nursing judgment , ability to work well under pressure, respond appropriately to emergency situations, work with speed and accuracy.
- Skills include clinical reasoning and decision making, compassion in a therapeutic environment, superior communication skills, appreciation of patient diversity and the ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
Physical/Mental Demands: High levels of mental concentration are required. Must handle multiple tasks simultaneously and subject to interruptions. Physical effort requires sitting for long periods of time and repetitive movements consisting of reaching with hands and arms. Manual dexterity, visual acuity, and the ability to speak and hear are required.
First State Orthopaedics reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Provide exceptional service to all of our patients.
- Exhibit professionalism and ethical behavior at all times.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of patient information and business within the organization’s policies.
- Maintain OSHA and HIPAA regulations.
- Treat everyone with respect, courtesy, and friendliness.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures for our organization.
- Communicate recommendations on improvements of policies and procedures to management.
- Participate in committees, discussions, and other team functions.
- Provide additional duties as may be assigned.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills or duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments). This document does no create an employment contract and employment is “at-will”.