You are applying for:
Surgical Scrub Technician
First State Surgery Center is seeking F/T, P/T and Casual/Per Diem experienced Surgical Scrub Technicians (CST or TS-C) for Ambulatory Surgery Center. Minimum of 2 years recent operating room scrub experience; Orthopaedic experience required.
The primary function of the Surgical Scrub Technician is that of an allied health professional caregiver who provides patient care and assumes responsibility and accountability for the ambulatory care patient during surgical procedures. Elements of care include handling instruments, supplies and equipment, anticipating the needs and assisting the surgeon, preparation and maintenance of the sterile field, assisting co-workers in administering care and documentation.
- Graduate of an Accredited Program or acceptable combination of skills and training
- Current certification by NBSTSA or obtainment within six (6) months of employment
- Current BCLS Certification
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, their families, physicians/surgeons, surgical staff and other health care workers
- Ability to manage the care of patients during altered states of consciousness and to perform physically demanding patient care
- Provide patient care as directed and in accordance with the objectives, policies, procedures and protocols of the surgery center
- Ability to work well under pressure, respond appropriately and quickly to emergency situations, work with speed and accuracy
- Ability to prepare the operating room and surgical field, handling of instruments, supplies and equipment, anticipation of the needs and assisting the surgeon, maintenance of sterile field, preparation and cleaning of surgical suite
- Skills include clinical reasoning and decision making, compassion in a therapeutic environment, superior communication skills, appreciation of patient diversity and the ability to maintain patient confidentiality